Sunday, March 22, 2015

Men are from Mars Women are from Venus

Finish reading this book yday. Good....not good...hmmm...dont know how to classify.
Let me list what I liked about the book:
1. The basic difference in the thinking pattern between men and women.
2. How to improve the understanding of the opposite gender.
3. How to ask for support...
4. Concept of love letter and writing the response
5. Difference in the scores men and women give.

If this book has helped people improvise the relationship....yes its true. It was worth reading....

What I didnt like about the book:
> Its too dragging. I skipped some pages, coz it was sooo repetitive.
> Tooo gender biased. Every communication and choice words have to be remembered with an additional check on whom are we talking to...man/woman
> In many places, I felt it was not justified, why the women is asked to have a greater patience....Or atleast that is the msg I derived.
> Through out the book, I had a tendency to compare the book to "Non Violent Communication" by Dr.MBR. That's a far more superior book compared to this one. Far more convincing and its irrespective of the gender.


After almost two years now...on this day (Mar 07-2017) I would like to write a different review of this book.
Consciously or subconsciously I have made some efforts to change my mode of communication. I have spoken differently to women and differently to men. I have made an attempt to use different expressions and chose different words to communicate. Not upto the mark as mentioned in this book....but just reasonably....
The results are remarkable. I am more tolerant. I can acknowledge the situation differently. My relationships have improved...especially with my father. I am glad I read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment