Wednesday, August 9, 2017

5k run adventure....

Where have I reached!!!???
I have still not managed to run for 20mins continuously. I decided to change the focus to distance from now on. So the aim is to cover 3kms run in 20mins. As of today....Not anywhere close. Currently I am able to cover 3kms run-walk in 35mins. It took 3 days to reach this.
At the moment I am definitely disappointed. I am struggling to get there. I haven't given up yet. But the frustration is building up. Many online videos of new runners say the same thing. They all have hit the frustration point.....kept pushing themselves and then reached success. I am assuming it would be the same with me as well.
So I have made some more changes from a week. I stopped jogging and I run at a convenient pace. I focus on the distance and trying to reduce the walk duration. I have cut down on the breaks. I am trying not to stop. I keep changing the location. I have also started to run everyday. I am more stringent at the stretching exercises.
I have also made some changes to my diet. I am consciously drinking more water. I am taking Chia seeds as it's very rich in protein. I have reduced the intake of rice.

What do I want to change further....
Find a way to drink water during the run
Eat more raw vegetables and fruits
Find company to run
Try and run early morning instead of evenings

Further updates....need to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment