Monday, October 25, 2010

Empty your cup: A Confession





Weekend was interesting….Saturday attended the first level course on Kriya Yoga…a nice bike drive in the rain. Thanks to my friend…..Mc D burger…. workout in the Gym to burn the calories… J
The course began with book sales. I AM SO GLAD I bought the book “The Second Coming of Christ”. Another worth set of books on Bible like the set of books “God Talks to Arjuna” on Bhagawad Geetha.
I am turning my shelf into a library. Ohh yesss I love books. Soon going to give away some of them at least to make space for the new ones coming in.
Then there were these lovely English Bhajans. These prayers are written by Paramahamsa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda. The devotion touched the heart. Opening the heart is 50% battle won. I want to agree on that. I am not a kind of person who would go to Bhajans, but it was really fruitful. Ohh yes, the tips on sitting postures for long duration meditations were also useful.
But that is not why I attended the course!!!! At the end of the day, I still don’t know what is actually Kriya Yoga and how it can benefit a seeker on spiritual path.
There were 5 speakers. None sounded authentic on their subject. They were not sure of the syllabus defined for the course. Some were not sure if what they delivered as long speech was relevant. If you have already been in some authentic spiritual schooling, be it Art of Living, Pranic Healing or Bihar School of Yoga…..you may not appreciate it at all.

Having said that, these are not post analysis of the course, but were the train of thoughts running in my head, staring blank at the speaker. My eyes were dozing off. My mind screaming at me “you could have made me read some tough book….why this speech??? You missed the sketching classes for this?? Huh!!!!” ….AND….Suddenly there was a waking call from within, “Empty Your Cup….”.





I realized that I am full, and no space left for anything new. So many preconceived ideas, prejudiced perceptions….Not that I agree that the course was worth attending but that moment had an eye opening surge of current….Just three words from the consciousness and there were so many self realizations… I humbled myself and paid attention to the speaker. My yawning series ceased instantaneously. I was up and awake because I know I am being watched, every thought, every emotion is being monitored. Felt deep gratitude to my Teacher for the priceless teachings I have learnt from him. So true that when you explore something outside, you appreciate what you have been practicing so far. Adds more value, dedication and interest in details of your practices.
How much do I owe to my Guru, for monitoring me, teaching me, bearing my mistakes, guiding me, loving me, for being there every moment….Even a mother cannot watch her child all the time, but the Guru does and for many life times.


Time for me to get out of the well and experience the vast world God has made for us...

5 comments:

  1. Ur higher Soul was trying to say - Nidhe hodi byida. Coffee Kudi. Cup empty maadu antha:) - Sangi

    ReplyDelete
  2. HS or Master? adakke bhaya agi yeddu kuthkonde... Sumne yake risk antha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illa andre u shud have gone all around the class - chai chai chai!!........Higher soul-ge kelbekagitu, beka chai antha:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ninge ONDU kodla antha kelidre!!!! Adu male voice alli!!!!! I will unconditionally redirect all such calls to you. This was her idea antha.... Neene answer madu

    ReplyDelete