Saturday, May 21, 2011

A short stay at Noida

I am here in Noida for abt 2 weeks for the migration activity at customer site. Wohoho...weird place...Yeah thats my first impression.....
Its mostly been work...work..work and little bit of sleep...since the day I am here...But u know what the first weekend here....hmmm....aaa....ehm ehm...Just wanna check if its really 24hrs in a day or someone added more....Yeah I am not able to kill the time....


Ok lets start with vehicles, traffic....people here.....First comes the AUTO RICKS....The auto ricks here have a tradition to follow. The mirrors have two heart shaped pictures on either side. One heroin and the other a hero....thats not weired yet....whats very funny is the two would have never acted in any movie ever and I dont see any possibility as well. Aishwarya and Kamal Hasan, Jugal Hansraj and Simiran....or wait a minute...not sure if its North South integrity!!!!


Friday evening 4 of us hopped into the same rick to get back to our rooms. Oh Man you need to check out the driving skills and traffic sense of these people here.....Breath taking!!!! The moment the auto geared up to move, I had the experience of my life. He started with a steep left turn...with a jhataka giving jerk and smashed to the road like street hawk....I still can't comprehend how he started the rick and the heavenly motion at the same time!!! Since I had the privileged seat at the corner, with no support, no barrier....I was almost sure the momentum is going to throw me out any moment.....HUH...zor ka jhatka dheere se lage!!!!

Since its the first time I was out in Noida and it wasn't dark yet, I had some time to peep out to glance the decorum of the city.....HAHA guess what..... I am reminded of the funny forwards I used to laugh at....Funny shop names.."Lovely Mobile Repair", "Sagar: North, South and Indian food available", 


The road barriers are conveniently occupied by the pan wala, chat wala, tanda juice wala.....People enjoy their junk food with all serenity right in the middle of the traffic....well as long as someone doesn't bump into them. 


Now to add to the driving skills of Noida vehicle owners!!!!
In traffic jams, the bike riders squeezing through the crowd will insert their bike handles and sometimes even their head with a funny helmet right into the neighbors open windows of the vehicle....Yeah right...you can imagine....I would suddenly see a handle with a hand in front of my face, the rick driver would be distracted with a helmet head next to him...well given the way he was driving, not that he was concentrating on anything important ...but still....


The riders have this amaizing sense of responding to their skillful co-riders. Yup.....they demonstrate true brotherhood in the midst of traffic jams and signals.....If a vehicle at the back HONKS.....they will do anything to make way...break the signal and move on, take the bike on to the divider.....anything for you brother, anything.....HUH just that I had a few breathtaking moments......


More to follow...specially on the shop names....!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. The title says "short trip to Noida" and this is so far your "longest" Blog... irony

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I know Sandy....But I want it to be the shortest...waiting to be back in Blore....

    ReplyDelete